Practice Guides – This is a new series of articles and other resources to support Family Team Practice. As wraparound and other family team practice models mature, we should pay more attention to the details and the practice skills that are required to use the models consistently and effectively.
- Planning for and Implementing System Change Using Wraparound
- The Collaborative Toolkit: A Handbook for Family Team Facilitators
- Incorporating Clinical Insights and Resources in the Family Team Process
- Safety Set: Planning for and Responding to Crises in Family Team Services
- Core Skills Self-Check: Where do you have the most confidence in your skills as a facilitator?
Building Integrated Systems of Care – The following articles track our insights and observations as we have helped communities move toward more collaborative service systems. Many feature the adventures of Apollina Smith, world-class human services administrator and part time mystic.
- Some Notes on Wraparound and Paradigm Shifts
- Scaling Up: Looking to the Wraparound Process as an Antidote for the Collapse of Our Assembly-Line Human Service Industries
- Barriers to Cross-System Integration: Dreams, Challenges, Strategies and Hope in Human Services
- Getting Along: Notes on the Care and Feeding of an Interagency Team
- Conservation Tillage in the Fields of Care: Meeting Needs Equitably and Effectively in the Age of Post-Industrial Altruism
- Cecil B. DeMille and the Invasion of the Zebra Mussels: Avoiding the Survival of the Unfittest in the Evolution of Human Services
- Apollina Smith and the Amazing Exploding Triangle: A Cautionary Tale on the Hazards of Large Scale Integration of Human Services
- Access Voice and Ownership: Examining Service Effectiveness from the Family’s Perspective
- High Centered on a Speed Bump of Life: Or, I Got My Vision in a Sling Because My Paradigm Just Won’t Shift
- The Virtual Front Porch: Creating a Sheltering Structure for Cross-System Collaboration
- The Creative Battlefield: Moving from Conflict to Creativity in Collaborative Systems of Care
- The March of the Army Ants: Need Identification and System Response in Complex, Evolving Systems of Care
- Zen and the Art of Wraparound Maintenance: Developing the Inner-Game of Strength-Based Support and Assistance
- Surviving and Thriving in Wraparound Land: Apollina Smith tries a different approach to staff development in her new county
- The Foundations of Wraparound: Values, Practice Patterns and Essential Ingredients
- The Politics of Help: Making the Jump from Science to Art in the Caring Response
- First Person Plural: Mapping the Role of the Child and Family Team Facilitator
- The Wraparound Gremlins, Part One: Overcoming Operational Barriers to Creative Assistance for Families
- The Wraparound Gremlins, Part Two: Dealing with more of the barriers to effective integration of strength-based service and support
- The Wraparound Gremlins, Part Three: We take one last shot at those monsters of the meeting
Strengthening Community Resiliency – Four articles describing how we can use a resiliency framework to guide our helping relationships.
- Community Resiliency, Part One: Individual and Family Resiliency
- Community Resiliency, Part Two: Foundations of Community Resiliency
- Community Resiliency, Part Three: Revisioning Our Systems of Care
- Community Resiliency, Part Four: Mobilizing Community Action
Juvenile Justice in an Integrated System of Care – A collection of articles from various years exploring the delicate linkage between a strength-based system of care and court-mandated interventions
- Wraparound and the Juvenile Court
- Dangerous Liaisons: Helping Wraparound and the Juvenile Justice System form a More Perfect Union
- Hidden Addiction: Using System Analysis to Understand Our Growing Dependence on Correctional Placement
- The Elephant and the Hummingbird: A Tale of Discovery and Love in the Jungle of System Collaboration (by Jim Moeser)
- Winning Combinations: Establishing Benchmarks for Success in Juvenile Probation
- Therapeutic Jurisprudence: The Juvenile Court as the Integrative Forum for a Community’s System of Care
- When Worlds Collide: Improving the Interface between our Children’s Mental Health and Juvenile Court Systems
Creating the Caring Enterprise: Four articles examining the various challenges of creating an integrated system of care.